Hedgeye Consumables analyst Howard Penney hosted a Fireside chat with Ben Kovler 4/16 at 10 AM EST. Ben serves as the CEO and Chairman of Green Thumb Industries. Ben founded GTI in 2014 and has successfully grown it into a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer that manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products. If you're interested in accessing more of our Cannabis research, you can learn more about our Consumables Pro product HERE.
From Howard and the hedgeye cannabis team:
We have been writing on Green Thumb since we launched on the US MSO's back in March 2019, and the stock has been a LONG since we launched. The three key points on why we like GTI at the time were:
- Building a platform (or two)
- Brands, Brands, Brands
- Solid Management and Strong Corporate Governance
We got an overview on some current thinking around:
- Investing for tomorrow - where is the "optionality maximization machine" headed next?
- Capital spending priorities to drive growth in 2021?
- Third-party brand strategy (i.e. Cann & Cookies)
- Some CPG companies have a Loyalty program (i.e. SBUX) is GTI exploring the potential?
- After a pause in 2020, and a capital raise in early 2021, will M&A pick up in 2021?
- Potentials thoughts on NY legalization as the law is written.
- Is it premature to look at the international markets?
...and so much more!