Seriously…there has not been greater negative sentiment swirling around the Brand since the infamous NKE/FL channel conflict of 2002. And for good reason…
The consensus short call is that...
- Innovation in Beaverton is ebbing
- UA is tackling footwear at lower margin and guided accordingly
- Adidas is simply on fire
- The company’s guidance is too high for 2H17 (May).
We’re very confident that Nike will beat 2H numbers, but are equally as confident that it will botch the message to the investment community when it reports in five weeks.
As such, there will be a time to buy Nike with impunity, but it is not today.
On Wednesday, Nov 23rd at 11 AM EST we’ll be hosting a call with a new deck to review all the puts and takes around each (TRADE, TREND and TAIL) duration.
- To be clear – this is not one of those ‘close your eyes and buy it bc of a 3-year out number (those calls fail before they ultimately work off a lower price).
- We’re going to show the roadmap for earnings surprises in each duration – both up and down.
- We’ll also look at changes in the competitive landscape as well as fundamental surprises for innovation in manufacturing, souring and distribution.
- We’ll also explore the math around whether we could see futures down 5-10% in North America, which would sink this stock.
Confirmation Number: 13650077
Video Link: CLICK HERE
Materials Link: CLICK HERE